Your birth certificate and your social security card are both vital documents. More often than not, you will not be able to get anything done without these two as they are your basic requirements for pretty much all your government requests and processes.

While the situation may seem hopeless, we are here to tell that it actually isn’t. There are ways to get these documents back. However, you will have to go about it one step at a time. This means requesting these documents one after the other as it would be virtually impossible to acquire them both at the same time. This article seeks to help you through that entire process.

What can I do if I lost my social security card and birth certificate

As you know, your social security card contains a number of different but equally sensitive personal information. Because of this fact, getting a replacement social security card should be made your top priority under these circumstances. That should not be too hard, as long as you know what you are doing.

First, you will have to pay the local branch of the Social Security Administration a visit. Once you are there, you will need to inform the staff about your predicament so that they can help you accordingly. On top of that, reporting your situation is also vital in terms of helping them keep track of any irregular activities surrounding your account.

Once the authorities understand your situation, you can then go ahead and proceed with the application. This should not be too hard as it is rather straightforward. You will need to get a hold of the application forms readily available at the SSA office. You can also download them online through their website. Once that is done, you will need to answer it as accurately as you can. Keep in mind that they will be verifying your answers so make sure that everything is truthful and accurate.

I lost my license social security card and birth certificate

Upon passing everything to your local SSA branch, it is only a matter of time before you get your replacement card. Once you have your new card, you can go ahead and process your request for a replacement birth certificate.

But before filing for a replacement of your card, be sure to report the lost items to the authorities to prevent identity theft.