Readers should understand that vital documents should be kept in a secure place at all times, at least if you want to avoid all the trouble that comes with losing them. For instance, a missing birth certificate can become a serious headache if it is not dealt with accordingly. The same can be said about a lost social security card. However, losing both your social security card and your birth certificate at the same time is serious business indeed.

However, sometimes even the unlikeliest of scenarios come to fruition. Keep in mind that there is really no easy way out of this mess other than by slowly digging yourself out of it. This article teaches you how to do just that. It presents readers everything that you need to do in this kind of situation.

Lost my social security card and birth certificate

Readers need to understand that both your social security card and your birth certificate are major documents. It would be pretty hard trying to get replacements for both at the same time so we highly recommend that you prioritize which of these you need first.

In most cases, people choose to get their social security cards replaced first. This is hardly surprising considering the information your social security card contains. Your social security number alone gives you invaluable access to a number of different financial and personal information such as your tax records, annual income breakdown, work history and so much more.
Lost my id social security card and birth certificate
In order to apply for a replacement social security card, you have to go to your local social security administration satellite office and tell them of your situation. Filing a report that your social security card has gone missing is always a good idea as it is the only way for the SSA to protect your account from potential identity theft.

While you are there, make sure that you grab a copy of the application forms. Fill them up and submit them along with your supplementary documents. You can expect your new social security card to come in the mail in a couple of days.

Once everything is said and done, you can then proceed to apply for replacement birth certificate using your new social security card.

I Lost My Social Security Card What Do I Do Next?